This post will get very picture heavy. We left home at 7 am on a Saturday in the equipment truck headed for Orlando with a little stop over in Birmingham, AL.
We passed over the Mississippi River, three times. Some one missed a turn.
We stopped at a red light and Derek pointed out the shipping yard and all the cranes used to load cargo on to trains, so I took a picture for Lanham.
We made it to Birmingham checked into the hotel and waited till the charter buses came to town and we caught up with them, somewhere around 3:00 am we were back on the interstate.
Finally we made it to Orlando!
We had pizza and the kids played in the pool while the dads played pool. I was ready for bed but alas being a chaperon I had to wait and tuck all my charges into bed.
Monday was Disney World.
Tuesday was Epcot.
Wednesday Universal.
Derek turned 43 in Orlando and one his rooms told the waiters at Hard Rock Cafe.
I do not have any pictures of the Blue Man Group but they were wonderful,I would not mind seeing them again.
Thursday, Thanksgiving Day we spent at Hollywood Studios.
Alas Friday I left my camera at the hotel room. I had it and we talked about how to carry it and then Derek handed me my tickets for the day and I forgot about the camera. All week long it was preached do not lose your ticket, do not lose your ticket. Monday morning it was decided that the chaperons would hold their respective rooms tickets, so I had mine, three rooms with four girls a piece plus Mrs. Davis rooms for two days and I sat down the camera and took my tickets and zipped them into the backpack.
Now, I cannot find the pictures I took with my cell so Friday back at Universal will need to be posted another day.
We had such fun and was so happy that we go to go, it would have been neat had this trip been on Conor's senior year but oh well we will talk about this forever.
Derek is already planning us a trip back.
I will say it takes two to three days at Disney, one to take it in, one to walk around and one just for the fireworks. Walt did a fine job.
"Disneyland will never be completed, it will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." - Walt Disney
"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the must universally uncensored language.
- Walt Disney



No comments:
Post a Comment