Accept - One Little Word for 20914
Accept - verb; to receive willingly, to give admittance, to recognize as true. I am working and praying about accepting and there are many things to accept. If I make this word my own and embrace it, like this project encourages me to, I have alot to do this year.
I want to accept change in a positive way and not be so reactive, stop jumping to conclusions based on an answer I don't want to accept. At times, how I react or accept things feels like stress and shortness of patience. Not accepting that other influences direct the answer or out come.
Here are few things I am learning to accept:
Accept that some friendships are just like high school and some spin out of control and some continue to grow and I cherish them deeply.
Accept that some people are not what they appear to be.
Accept that I was a teenager once and it's hard and I need to just breathe.
Accept that at 44 there are some things I cannot change and some things I can.
Accept that exercise is one thing I can change.
There are other things I need to accept but those are in a journal and not for the world to see.
I had to choose a symbol for my word and I keep coming back to waves on the beach. The waves come in and go out, over and over. That is how I want to accept things, like the waves, you cannot change the directions or even stop them.
Today, I am accepting that it's cold out.

No comments:
Post a Comment