It's done, the staining of my hutch is done and I am so very, very proud of it.
Look at how pretty it is. The top shelf is a few pieces of our wedding china, up until I finished it we had a LSU beer stine in the middle. That did not go back but a goblet with the Brian family crest is now there. The second shelf are dishes that belonged to my Great Aunt Ruby. I wish I had more room because there is a bowl and lid that is to big for the shelf. I put out the tea pot, sugar and creamer bowl along with two little cups.
I find myself standing in the kitchen just looking at the hutch. What we do not need to do is make it a catch all again, I even moved the "key" spot.
Here is a better picture of the dishes, which I uploaded and pinned.
The dishes are a collection called Rural Scenes, Royal Staffordshire by Glarice Cliff and they were made in England. I am not sure how old they are but I remember them from when I was little. My mom did say my Great Aunt would get pieces on special occasions.
Happy Monday, readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment