Sunday, March 25, 2012

The weekend

We should have been full of hugs and kisses and birthday cake this weekend but instead we did these things.


We took Conor, Baily and Nathan to see the Hunger Games at midnight Thursday/Friday. After knowing how it is to find seats at the first showing, we stood in line for two hours. When we were let in we found are seats and when it started raining we were under awning. Home at 3:30 Friday morning, Conor was up by 8:10 am. 

Some months ago, my friend Dianne moved to New York and left me some wooden curtain holders. They have been in the play room since they were opened, Friday we finally went to get stain and this is what they look like as of tonight. 


We left one end off to make sure we get the correct size rod, then my husband, who by the way CANNOT stain, will hang them up.

The next thing up for staining, since we had the stuff, was our hutch which has been unstained since before we were married.  I only have done the top and I so wish we had a garage because I could still be working on the hutch.

With that being said, I need to clean these out since they are laying around waiting to be stained.

Friday night was movie night at church and we saw the documentary Beyond the Gates of Splendor.
 The story of Jim Elliot and his friends that were killed by tribes in Ecuador. After the movie was over we went to eat while Conor stayed at the youth lock in. Now if you remember from a few paragraphs back Conor slept for about 4 hours, the lock in started at 6 pm.

Saturday I spent the day staining and doing laundry, Derek was up at 5:15 am to get Conor from church. They both came back home and went to bed. We were up by 8 and Conor by 9am.

Conor left about 1 or so to go to Jayden's with Nathan and Baily and we were alone again till about 8, I put Conor in bed at 9 pm.

Sunday we heard from David Howard at church, he was Jim Elliott's brother in law. While I was missing our family and we had hoped to celebrate every one's 40th birthday, we only made Christina's,  I was so blessed to see this movie and hear Dr. Howard talk. Such a wonderful story of obedience.

Today I spent the day staining, playing cards and making pink lemonade cupcakes.
Conor spent the afternoon shooting is air soft gun on the deck. While I played Words with Friends and waited for supper to cook.




We had a good weekend and loved every bit of it. I even stained my boxes for scrapbooking.

 After we get all the stuff put back together, hung up and glued and scrapbooked I will post more pictures.

We missed our family this weekend and I will admit having a little crying jag in Wal-Mart when it hit me I miss my Grandmother, I bought my box of angel food cake and was better. Note that only Derek saw me tear up.

Love and miss everyone, hope you had a great weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment