Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy 50th Anniversary

My parents recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. We had to wait a week to go to Texas and celebrate.

 We spent the day in Ft. Worth walking and enjoying the day. I have always loved the Water Gardens. I seem to remember it not being such a big deal but it was a little weird going to the bottom.
 The quiet water garden. I could spend all day here, just reading.
 Sundance Square with court house in the background.
We spent the rest of the day in the Stockyards. One thing that I did not know was that the train comes to the Stockyards from Grapevine.

 Lanham waiting on the train that was a bit behind schedule.
Here it comes.


Conor and Lanham went through the Stockyard maze. That was fun to watch.





Finally out after about 20 minutes.

After a looking around we took my parents to eat and visit. We all had a very sweet day. This year we spent alot of time in Texas going back for various reasons but this celebration was one of the best trips.

My parents have had many valleys and mountain top experiences in 50 years, some valleys that were dark and some mountain tops that they were overjoyed.

They have been blessed with myself and my brother who added by marriage a great daughter-in-law and son-in-law and two grandsons.

Mom and Dad, I love you so much. 
I treasure each memory I have and feel blessed 
that I have two parents who love and respect each other 
and the convent of marriage. 
I am thankful that I can call you 
my parents. 

Love Sara. 







No comments:

Post a Comment