from the B*R*I*A*Ns
B - birthdays and basketball. Conor began playing 7th grade basketball. Its hard to believe we are parents of a Bomber Basketball player, a player who travels by bus to away games that are two hours away. We are proud to be Bomber parents. Birthdays. Wow, there were some big ones this year. I turned 40, 40! Yes there was some tense monuments and some apprehensions. It came and went and it was ok, family and friends helped me party into my 40's along with the help of a Nano. My sweet grandmother turned 90 and celebrated with friends and family. Our mom's turned 60 and 70.
R - remembrance. This year we remembered all the good times that were had with family, growing up and stories that were told. Derek said goodbye to his PaPa. I remembered all the fun times had as we looked through old pictures. As Conor took the court for his first game all the childhood memories came to the fore front.
I - intentions. I had the best of intentions this year and some were good but there was one... picture of the day. Let me say this, it has been fun doing this project. As of November you can no longer see me when Conor stands in front of me. Taking pictures are easy, scrapbooking them is not. I made it to April, well half of April. If I say the words 'picture of the day' in '10 some one slap me.
A - abundance. Abundance of family this year. MaMa Violet came to visit for the first time since we moved. My Grandmother came again to visit for the 2nd time in six months. My family was here to celebrate my birthday and best of all my brother and his family came. We made alot of trips home to Texas this year and the best part of '09? Christmas in Texas.
N - new. New places to see, we have lived here for some time now and have never been East. Now, with basketball we have seen new places. New friends, you can see someone everyday and causally say hi and then move on. It is not till you move to a new cubical home that you meet two lovely people and then you find two new friends. Becky and Ashley you are great and I am so excited to call you friend. New Sunday School class, the joy is back. New paths to take, Jeannie is on one as we all are. New Year with endless possibilities and the teen years........
I hope all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for reading.
Great post from a great friend...You are wonderful Sara!
ReplyDelete