Conor and Aaron
As much fun as it was spending Christmas with family and we do love getting to go home to Texas. It does not happen a lot at when we do, must of the trips are family full but this trip we were able to find some time with friends.
Since we moved seven years ago my time with Lisa as always been few and far between. Yes there were, at first, the birthday parties for Conor where they got to come and visit and then there are the times my mom would have a quick family get together and she would ask Lisa's family out. I will forever thank her for that.
We spent Saturday in Mesquite, the boys went to a Mavericks game and I went to the mall, the mall! When the boys got home it was time to play cards. At one time, pre MH time, we gathered on Saturday nights and had pizza and Shang-hi and last Saturday we did exactly that. Derek even reached "Jimmy Green" terrority with his score. Note Jimmy Green scores are well into the high 200's.
I always treasure these times first because of their rearity and second it amazes me to see how Conor and Aaron seem to pick right up where they left off as if they had just seen each other yesterday. They are growing up so fast, Lyndsay who would go with us to the mall, left this year in her own car to do her own thing. Wow, 16.
Sunday we spent the lunch hour and tad over with the Joness. Tracy and I have been friends since Kindergarten, so going on 2o years now, WOW. Tracy, growing up was always the friend that spent the night ( we had donuts), stayed with us while her parents were on vacation and the one I went to South Carolina with. We keep in touch till about 2002 when I moved and she had just had her 2nd child. Then in 2008 we got back in touch via the Forney Class of 88 website for our reunion and since then have been in contact. This was our second time to spend with each other over Christmas break.
As I posted on Facebook after leaving Lisa's house: Friends are a joy and should be visited often.
Make a friend this year or reconnect with an old friend, you will find joy.
Pre Happy New Year
Since we moved seven years ago my time with Lisa as always been few and far between. Yes there were, at first, the birthday parties for Conor where they got to come and visit and then there are the times my mom would have a quick family get together and she would ask Lisa's family out. I will forever thank her for that.
We spent Saturday in Mesquite, the boys went to a Mavericks game and I went to the mall, the mall! When the boys got home it was time to play cards. At one time, pre MH time, we gathered on Saturday nights and had pizza and Shang-hi and last Saturday we did exactly that. Derek even reached "Jimmy Green" terrority with his score. Note Jimmy Green scores are well into the high 200's.
I always treasure these times first because of their rearity and second it amazes me to see how Conor and Aaron seem to pick right up where they left off as if they had just seen each other yesterday. They are growing up so fast, Lyndsay who would go with us to the mall, left this year in her own car to do her own thing. Wow, 16.
Sunday we spent the lunch hour and tad over with the Joness. Tracy and I have been friends since Kindergarten, so going on 2o years now, WOW. Tracy, growing up was always the friend that spent the night ( we had donuts), stayed with us while her parents were on vacation and the one I went to South Carolina with. We keep in touch till about 2002 when I moved and she had just had her 2nd child. Then in 2008 we got back in touch via the Forney Class of 88 website for our reunion and since then have been in contact. This was our second time to spend with each other over Christmas break.
As I posted on Facebook after leaving Lisa's house: Friends are a joy and should be visited often.
Make a friend this year or reconnect with an old friend, you will find joy.
Pre Happy New Year
great pics, glad you had fun with your family.
ReplyDelete