Thursday, February 11, 2010

My love/hate.......

relationship with snow days.

Snow days: when you go to bed hoping for a snow day, because you have not done the book report given to you four weeks ago. You lay in bed hoping for snow. The light the next morning peeps in the window, you jump out of bed and the yard is filled with snow up to your window and you think "we will not be having school today".

Run down stairs and wait by the radio hoping your school is cancelled and then they say it, "no school today for PS132".

Of course that little scenario is for the kids, no one ever thinks of the mom and what snow days mean. For me when are family started kindergarten it was waiting in the warm bed for school closing and hearing Mtn. Home and rolling over and telling the dear husband to be safe going to work and I go back to bed.

When I worked at the church it was still waiting in bed, hearing the school closing and sending the hubs off with safe prayers and going back to bed. And If we did get out and go to work the work was sledding down the hill.

Now I have a real job and job where I have to be at work at 8 and dressed (note see job above which was sweats) make a lunch for me and the darling husband and stay till say 5. At least on these snow days I can sleep till 6:15 am and leave the son at home with frozen waffles. Yet after a few days school is back in session and I am back up at 5:4o and making all the morning preparations and I wonder why I sleep in on snow days.

Its a vicious love/hate cycle but as I type this I know I get to sleep till 6: something tomorrow for in service day.

I wonder if I will ever become the person who gets up at the same time each day no matter what?

Terrific Thursday.

Because every blog needs a picture. Somewhere not cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment