Friday, January 28, 2011

The week in Review

Sunday - Derek has now caught what little cold I had. I'm not very sympathetic. See Karma come Monday.
Monday - gave in to being sick with a cold and bought cold medicine.
Tuesday - Down for the count I went, straight to bed and many naps.
Wednesday - still in a Theraflu/NyQuil induced world.
Thursday - this is what the living looks like. Still would have liked a nap
Friday - my OCD will not let work the concession stand so I stay home and blog and play computer games.

Over all its been a really slow week. Conor was hoping, as we were, to get his cast off. The Dr.'s office called Thursday morning to reschedule for Monday. Conor, he is a great kid, these are times I know we are doing good. Dad told him about the change in plans and  he asked why and Derek told him and Conor's response was "OK. No big deal." Over the past 3 weeks I have wondered where my sympathetic mom gene was but I realize both myself, Derek and Conor go with the flow. Yes, the cast as changed part of the routine but other than that we have had normal days. So the cast removal being changed was no biggie. Conor just gets another trip to Dairy Queen.

We, our little town, had a bit of exciting this week. The local grocery store put a parent sheild over the Us magazine that had Elton John on the cover and someone in town took at picture of it. Within hours it was talked about on, no lie, The View, CNN, Time, MSN, KY3 in Springfield. and others. The concern? Elton was showing off his new son. Ohh, our small town.

A little "wow my brain condenses things" it was just two weeks between our first date and our engagement. More on that later. 

Overall its not a bad week. However if you ask my poor raw nose, it may say other wise.

Happy Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment