Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Take a pound of bacon and cook it all, this next part is very important.... cook till done but not hard. It needs to be able to bend.
Muffin tin, cheese, cooked bacon and eggs.
Take a few peices of bacon and put in bottom of muffin pan and then line the sides with the long strips of bacon
not a great picture but hopefully you see the idea
Once you have put the bacon in the muffin pan crack an egg in the center of each bacon
Add salt and pepper and chives if you would like
Top with cheese and pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until the egg is firm.
I cooked some biscuits as well, two eggs a person did not seem like a big enough breakfast but the bacon wrapped eggs were very filling and we did not clean our plates. I think next time I may add some fruit on the side.
Out of the oven and ready to eat. Some things to note.... I think next time I may try medium eggs, it seemed like alot of egg. Be careful when cracking the eggs my piece of shell went very quickly under the egg and this you cannot pick out with a spoon.
This was such a simple idea and not hard at all. I hope you enjoy the recipe.
Happy cooking blog readers.
Hey! It's Rachel Z. Were the eggs cooked all the way through? We've been trying to figure out something like this but Jeff doesn't want yolks that are cooked hard but doesn't want scrambled eggs either. Does that make sense?
ReplyDelete