Monday, November 12, 2012

Today is my birthday

Yes, this time of year has come around again, like it does every year and again this year I find myself  looking back and looking forward. Right now I am wondering about my parenting skill and if we make right decisions.  We will find out soon if we should stand and argue or let the one who is 15 and "knows it all" suffer the consequence of poor planning. Funny how looking back I remember my parents letting me know I do not know everything at this age. 

Conor is our blessing and our joy but frankly speaking we have two years left to prepare for the big, big world and has big, bad and wonderful as it now I cannot imagine what two years or 10 will be like. We need to start a lot of things, cooking, cleaning, washing and the list goes on. 

Lisa, has been on my mind during this reflection time, I respect and love her so much and I am sad I cannot be with her next week as she remembers her mother and how she loved her kids, grand kids and husband till the Lord took her hand and gave her a crown, friends should be closer in distance when this happens. I wonder if I tell my parents and brother how much they mean to me and I am a better person because they love me. Aunts should get more hugs than just on visits. 

And then there is Derek, I try everyday to make sure he knows I need him and he is loved and adored.

I keep this blog to remember but I want to use it to recall my feelings and thoughts and today has been a long one and one where I have really talked to myself, it seems I did this at 40. Let's see how 50 goes. 

A few weeks back Derek's cousin, Renee, shared this below of Facebook and I want to share it. I want to finish the race and hear great finish. 

okay, this may get wordy but bear with me - as i was running tonight i was remembering a time back when i first started running- i was in a 5K race in Winter Park and as i neared the finish line i could tell that with effort on my part i could finish under 30 min.(my goal at that time), so i put my head down and picked up my speed and as i crossed the finish line someone grabbed me and made me loo
k at them, i looked up to see that the person was the cross country/track coach of a high school team that was a rival of Kyle's cross country/track team, he looked at me and said with great sincerity and excitement "Great Finish!" i still remember feeling so happy and good inside not so much because of the compliment but because someone had noticed(out of all those people crossing the finish). but that thought made me think about my walk with the Lord and how i strive daily to grow in my relationship with Him and live a life that is honoring to Him. i realize that is my goal as i go through life and that at the end when i cross the finish line into Heaven i want to have Christ grab me by the arm, swing me around to face Him and say with great love and pride in His eyes over this child..."Great Finish!" i can't imagine any feeling of happiness greater than that
"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:14

What are you reflecting on this month of Thanksgiving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment