I can see it now, myself in a chair by the fireplace with the little grandchildren gathered around my feet asking for a story. "Oh children I remember the great ice storm of '09". It sounds good.
Let me tell you it will be awhile before I forget that I am a little girl who does not like extreme cold or ice. I am spoiled and love my electricity and my heat. I really love my heat, let me make myself clear, I could do without tv as long as I have lights, heat and someway to play music. Oh wait, I have that as well, my nano.
Looking back now, we where a tad concerned. We live in an all electric house with no other means of heat or electricity. No nothing.
God blessed us and showed small teachable moments thru the week. He blessed the Williams with electricity for the entire time, which they used to help others. Many friends came to their house for washings, charging things, various visits. They let us stay the week and my heart is eternally grateful.
Now with the chance of winter weather in the forecast for Thursday and Friday I can not help but worry. It is what it is and the weather will come but are ready? NO! Still we have no batteries, no other heat source. What do we have a low bank account and the fact that we can not get anything till payday, you know Friday when the bad weather is here. Yes, mom I know.
Stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment