Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bunny Cake

It's Easter and that means Bunny Cake. The Bunny Cake, a timeless memory from when I was a kid growing up. My mom was the best bunny maker. This year the bunny went public.


Gather all your ingredients.
Yikes, I'm not dressed.
Two 8 inch rounds and then cut one into ears and a bow tie

sorting the candy and separating twizzlers
and icing the cake


my happy helpers


Ta-Da, one bunny cake filled with yummy goodness.
Funny thing about this cake, the game plan was to be at Wal-Mart at 7 am to beat the crowd and then back home. So far so good. More days than not I am on my game but at sometime during Saturday the wheels came off and I started, as my father says, looking through my glass belt buckle.
I took the cakes out to put them on the cooling rack and one came out in three different pieces. So back to the store we go for more eggs and cake mix. Now, at this point the white cake mix took 2 tbls. Back at home the yellow cake (on sale at Harps) took 1/3 cup oil. Guess who did not have oil.
So I pretty myself up and send the loving husband back to the store for oil. Finally a perfect cake.
At this point, I thought I was on the side of good till I started the extra potatoes for the potato salad for Sunday.
Note, do start Wii bowling and the Facebook games till all the cooking is done. Note, if one thinks you need to pretty up to send the darling husband to the store a third time for cake ingredients? Ask him to go out at 9:30 pm for more potatoes.
I hope all had a Happy Easter filled with friends, family and the love of our Risen Saviour.






1 comment:

  1. Sara..your blog always makes me laugh! Beautiful cake too BTW. I was wondering how you made that without a cake pan shaped that way. I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete