We rode the Ducks, went into Titantic, not just stand outstide and take pictures, walked through shops and I had the best champane truffel at Branson Landing, thanks Derek for getting it for me. Silver Dollar City was again, a blast. I will admit to one thing, "Hi my name is Sara and I am not a roller coaster person." Poor Lisa and the SDC guy had to pry my hands off Wildfire. Images in your head can be damaging, you know the scene from Fianl Destination 3 where the coaster breaks... that is all I could see in my head and it was gut wrentcng scary.
Funny story about the Titanitc, as we were walking through the musem we at times got separated. Its one you do at your own pace. At one point I was by myself and looking at the third class exhibt and wondering how one could eat such food. The third class passengers were really treated just as they were in the movie. While looking in at the little cabin and then some pictures there was this, smell. The smell you will sometimes get from passing people. I could not take the smell to read or look at pictures so off I went to the next area. The next one was up the grand staircase and at this point I catch up with David. Somehow the topic we discuss was the smell and how, David wondered, if it was becaue they, the third class passengers, only bathed once a week. I wonder and comment why they would put that in the exhibt but it seemed to fit. About the time we were discussing how funny that would be if it was a really part of that section, a family passed and the man had the same smell. Topic closed.
Sad story about the Ride the Ducks. After spending the time riding and the kids driving the boat and a great shot of us going in the water. After the group sang happy birthday to Conor we get back to the Ducks and I step into the little girls room and hang my camera bag on the hook on the wall. I finish open the door wash hands and find the group. Buy some candy and leave. We turn out onto 76 and hits me.... NO CAMERA. My heart dropped, we turned promptly around and went back, maybe 5 minutes to no more than 10. Run into the bathroom and it's gone. GONE!!!
I left my name and number and even went back a few times and it has not been turned in. Some rude person has a Kodax camara for free. At times it truly makes me sad and it's a raw nerve I will pick at for some time to come. It would have been better if someone had come up to me and ripped it out of my hand and ran off, at least that way I could say I was violated, all I did was violate myself.
Sweet Lisa is going to share her pictures and I am truly happy. For now I am going old school with the 35 mm. These pictures are from my cell phone. I will upload more when Lisa gets home and then shares.
There we are the "Brieeds"
Conor and Aaron in the poolI came away from the weekend feeling very blessed for the friendship we have with the Sneed's and I know why we cherish each little bit of time we sneek in on trips to Texas.
I hope all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend and take my advice, tell a friend you love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment