Monday, March 2, 2009

Thankful.

I have to admit that I started the day a little flustered. We had to wash Conor's hair at 7:30 this morning. Ran late to speech, logged in late b/c my computer is slow, frustrated with Derek and as I was sitting at my desk starting my day one little phrase changed everything. "How is Melissa and Tana?" this is where my heart dropped.

I was reading book 3 enjoying the quite and Miss Lindsay comes to the cubical asking about Melissa and Tana, were they ok. Melissa and Tana were in car wreck Saturday night. Thankfully they are ok just sore. God was watching over them. They had spent the evening at a spa party for Lindsay's sister and had a blast, I love spa parties. It had snowed all day Saturday and was just a tad icy on the road and the car touched the ice and the rest really does not need to be told. They were able to climb to safety and call for help.

I wonder how many other people go through their day to day activities and never give a second thought to what they are doing, the decisions they are making and who they have touched and at not know that it could be the last time you say by to a friend.

I know that myself, Lindsay and Melissa are prepared Spiritually for that time (I will find out about Tana) but today I am glad I have a little more time with Melissa, our friendship is still growing and she due for a big hug come Friday.

I do not mean to be sad or morbid today but I am just thankful that I have my name written in the Lamb's Book of Life along with Melissa and Lindsay and we will all praise God together. But I am also thankful I have a little more time to Scrapbook, email and blog with the Girls.

End your day be saying something sweet, remember a moment and next time you are gripping because you can not find a sock, remember it really does not matter in the grand theme of things.

oxoxox
Sara

3 comments:

  1. O-my! you do love me! I'm sitting here crying...you are so right...live each day as it were your last and yes you do need to be prepared
    spiritually...and yes Tana will be right next to us in heaven. Love ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara you are the greatest! You are a sister in Christ and a friend for life, there is no doubt about it. Certainly got my tears going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing...how I take things for granted. My family and home, and friends....I'm just hoping I get to see ya guys on friday.

    ReplyDelete