Friday, August 7, 2009

Lord Stanley

This is a day to brag.

The Stanley Cup has arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia under the watchful eye of Penguins captain Sidney Crosby.

Now, as of this morning I really could not have told you who was the captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins or for that fact who won the Holy Grail this season, this is more to tell you....

I have seen the Stanley Cup live and in person.


The Stanly Cup came to Dallas to the Myerson for viewing when Mike Madano and the Stars were in hot pursuit of Lord Stanley. I took my place in line and walked up close enough to see my reflection and read the names. I walked back across the street to my office building to call and tell him to be ready so we could come back and he would get to see it.
Around noon that day the crowd was small, by the time we got back to the Myserson we could not even get close enough for us to get in line to see it again. Make note, that would make my 2nd time to see The Stanley Cup.

So, I hold this memory on my own only to share in words and pictures. And considering where we live I will never get to see the Stanley Cup again.

I know many will not be impressed by this, but there is not allot out there for me to brag about. Unless I tell you I once worked with the sister of the guitar player for Katrina and The Waves.

Have a great Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, well my instructors husband from NAC used to play with the EAGLES. For REAL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you know Avery & Morgan Bird, who are going to be big one day!

    ReplyDelete