Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

NYC as seen from space on 9/11 2001 by ISS Expedition 3
Where were you on 9/11? Conor and I were at Mother's Day Out and really all I knew was what parents told me when they came to take their children home. That day at nap time I left the blinds open to see outside, I figured as long as DART was still running we were good in Dallas.

We went home to watch TV and wait to see if Conor's first t-ball game was going to be played and yes it was. It was decided that at that age they had no idea what was going on and they could play ball. It was a normal night except for the fighter jet that flew over.

I found this picture on NASA Twitter. This is why you browse the internet. Neat pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvj6zdWLUuk&feature=related
Have a happy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I was living in Mountain Home, AR at the time. My car was in the shop that day so I was waiting on a ride from a co-worker. So, in waiting I was washing dishes at the time the first tower was hit. I had just gotten to work and was watching the footage from the first tower when I witnessed the second tower being it. I will never forget! It was like an action movie where everything was blowing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working in the Heart Cath Lab at BRMC and one of the drs came in looking like he had just seen a bad accident and said "your not going to believe what I just seen on T.V." When I arrived home and watched the news I just started crying for all those poor helpless people and their familites. Definitely something you can never forget.

    ReplyDelete