There is a story about a little girl whose doll fell to the ground and broke and she knelt beside it and cried. All of her friends and adults that passed by stopped to fix the doll and cheer the little up. But one friend, one stopped knelt beside her cried with her. She was not there to fix anything but to just be with her friend. I have a friend like that, her name is Lisa.
This week I am 'friend sick'. I miss my friend, I can not seem to articulate why 40 is bothering me. When I have my little melt downs, Lisa is the one that will sit and hold my hand till I collected myself.
Very best friend forever Lisa and I have been friends for almost 15 years and we have grown in our friendship, in our marriages, in raising kids. Lisa was the one who took care of Conor while I worked and then when I was able to stay at home she still took him for one day a week. That one day where we would end up scrapbooking all day.
God has truly blessed our friendship and now that it endures a nine hour separation its even more blessed, I treasure each visit that we have. I love that my mom will invite the Sneeds to the house on visits home. Mom you will never know how much that means to me.
Maybe I should have asked for a visit from Lisa for my birthday.
Lisa, thanks for all the wonderful talks, understanding, praying and being there for me. You're a rock star.
No comments:
Post a Comment