Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hello time change and 14,13 and 12

It is now 7:35 and yet it feels like 8:35. I enjoy spring forward more than fall back. Here we begin the darkness falling before 6 for the next several months, uggg.

#14 - Mrs. McGaha: When you think back over your school years, what teachers stand out. Mrs. McGaha was my 5th grade teacher. She was the best and made the 5th grade so much fun. I started 5th grade thinking nothing was better than Mrs. Brown in the 4th grade. She also gave me a little red Gideon Bible for learning all my books of the Bible in 1980, consequently that was the year I accepted Christ and am confident she was a part of that.

#13 - The Southlake Kids: here is another that I am grouping as one. There are two many kids to list. This stuck out to me because #13 feel on Halloween and we had two sets of kids come to our door. When Brad and I were growing up we lived on Southlake Dr. and it was filled with kids. These kids were so much fun. Our stories range from Brad giving away bike parts, building ramps in the street to jump bikes, playing barbies, spending the night, Melissa Whithurst having ball gowns to dress up in, Rusty Metcalf hitting me with a cement rock and needing stitches in my head to little Cindy Criswell being hit by a motorcycle. When it came to Halloween we were up and down the street. I feel bad that Conor has not been able to grow up on a street like Southlake. Every kid should have those memories.

#12 - Brenda J: cousin Brenda who would let me spend weekends at their house. I enjoyed going to their house. Chris and Kellie are so much fun and all grown up now. Most times my visits were spent at the baseball field it was still great fun. I do not get to see Brenda and the family very much any more but they like all the family have a very special place in my heart.

Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment