Sunday, November 8, 2009

And here we go.... #'s 6&5

Let me share about #6

Huey: Derek's Papa. Papa was the best and made me feel part of the family from the very beginning. He was always there for his children, grandchildren and all of his precious great - grandchildren. Papa was so proud when Conor was born, his first great grandchild. Derek has such wonderful memories and great stories about Huey and I am glad to say that I have some as well. Some great times were spent on the porch in the swing talking and laughing.

# 5 - All the others: So, the 40 before 40 is coming to an end and I have had fun sharing about all the people past and present in my life. When looking at the list there are so many that should be on the list but just doing 40 was taxing. There is Becky L who's birthday was on Oct 31 and had such neat parties and was there on my 7th birthday when it snowed and her Grandmother lived next door to mine. Kelly D who honored me by asking me to be her bridesmaid and was so much fun to work with. Ms. Everett, my kindergarten teacher who let me rest in her lap after I hit my head in the gym during a Red Rover Red Rover game went bad. The little kid Ben who lived done the street from me and cried horribly on the first day of school and still can see that in my mind. The girls who took me to Chip and Dale's on my 21st birthday, they had a great time, I was so not sure about it but they had fun. That girl....can not remember her name but she was due one week after I was and we worked together, she was on her 3rd child and was helpful to me and was always an encouragement. She is on the home video of us taking Conor home, she was on her way in to be induced. That...woman who fired me, the one who crushed my confidence but turns out it was something I had to endure to make me stronger.

There are so many and as you have read there are some that I can not even recall their names; but they have a memory and monument in my life that I can recall. Starting tomorrow I will post daily the last four leading up to the 12th, the 12th that will be embraced with some what open arms... ok, open arms.



No comments:

Post a Comment