Sorry about the bad blogging or lack of it lately. I will catching up over the next few days with two at time blogs on separate posts. Thanks for understanding.
#10 & 9 My Grandparents. Hayden and Mildred, growing up I had the best time at their house. Sometimes my Grandmother would have to work on Saturdays and we would call her and ask if we could spend the night after she got off "yurk" and of course they would let us. Off to Bonanza and the grocery store we would go and then back to the house for popcorn, Hee Haw and Lawrence Welk.
They would come over on Christmas mornings so early, because we would call and tell them that Santa had come. Looking back now it may have been around 6 or 7 in the morning but in my mind it was more like 5 am. Thanksgiving were always fun. Even with a very large group of family coming to her house, my Grandmother would let Brad and I come over after school on Wednesday and spend the night all weekend. Over the years it just became me and I honestly thought in my naive mind that any husband of mine would want to continue this tradition but alas that did not happen.
You know, I could write a blog just about my grandparents and what influence they had on my life and how much I love them. They loved me unconditionally, told me about Jesus and took me to church, they told me stories of how they grew up and our family members past, took us every year to the family reunion and the list goes on.
This is the 2nd time I have wrote about my Granddaddy and still when I think of something to say I tear up. I miss him but can not wait to see him in Heaven. He is there praising his Lord and will rejoice when we are called home.
I will spend more time on my Grandmother in December when she has her 90th birthday.
Hugs for this Friday afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment