Modern critics, with some exceptions, view Kubla Khan as one of Coleridge's three great poems; In Xanadu did kubla khan..., Lewis Carroll sent Alice down the rabbit hole. Mark Twain sent Tom and Huck on great adventures. I have read alot of books, I can remember babysitting and taking my money and probably some of my parents to the book store. Both Derek and I have books from when we grew up. Some are classics's some are not.
I get that some people do not like the Twilight saga by Stephanie Myer and others think they are one of the best books written. I fall into the last. There is something about the character of Edward that just draws you in.
In 1939 John Steinbeck's landmark novel, "Grapes of Wrath", about the tragic plight of migrant farm workers from Oklahoma was burned in America because adults viewed the content as wrong. America has a long history of these types of acts. To each his own. I would not do this.
Some months ago a very nice man came down the cubical row looking for the Twilight books in hardback. I call Brad nice, he is nice, very kind and patient when I ask my girl questions about technical stuff. He has a great sense of humor. It was not hard to figure out what he wanted to do, we have all seen his Facebook page and the other experiments he has done.
On some level I am just sick, sick but widely fascinated about this one and the four Twilight books.
View the link and video with the following objective; if your a Edward fan it's ok, you will make it through. Should you think the books were a waste of a good shade tree, Brad is here for pats on the back.
http://www.zug.com/live/85081/shr5/Can-the-Twilight-Saga-Stop-a-Bullet
Like I said this widely fascinating and being the good sport that I am, have offered up my Edward doll to be used in one of Brad's "experiments.
I get that some people do not like the Twilight saga by Stephanie Myer and others think they are one of the best books written. I fall into the last. There is something about the character of Edward that just draws you in.
In 1939 John Steinbeck's landmark novel, "Grapes of Wrath", about the tragic plight of migrant farm workers from Oklahoma was burned in America because adults viewed the content as wrong. America has a long history of these types of acts. To each his own. I would not do this.
Some months ago a very nice man came down the cubical row looking for the Twilight books in hardback. I call Brad nice, he is nice, very kind and patient when I ask my girl questions about technical stuff. He has a great sense of humor. It was not hard to figure out what he wanted to do, we have all seen his Facebook page and the other experiments he has done.
On some level I am just sick, sick but widely fascinated about this one and the four Twilight books.
View the link and video with the following objective; if your a Edward fan it's ok, you will make it through. Should you think the books were a waste of a good shade tree, Brad is here for pats on the back.
http://www.zug.com/live/85081/shr5/Can-the-Twilight-Saga-Stop-a-Bullet
Like I said this widely fascinating and being the good sport that I am, have offered up my Edward doll to be used in one of Brad's "experiments.
Brad, he's right. This was a great thing to do, you either love or hate a vampire.
I will end this post with a quote from Twilight "Maybe it's none of my business, but I don't think this is a good idea." Billy Black
Read a book this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment