Monday, October 12, 2009

Wowsers!!!!

Who knew that keeping up with posting a blog everyday would be difficult. So, here it is Tuesday and I am behind on my 40 before 40.

Are ready for a long post?


#35 - Cody: Cody was a friend I made in Jena when we lived there for a short time. She was the sweetest. Cody invited us to church, Bible Studies and to parties. She and her two kids along with myself and Conor went to the homecoming parade together. We had lunch together a few days before I moved back to Arkansas. Cody is a church secretary so we had a lot in common and during those days I enjoyed our visits.


#34 - John-Wesley: John-Wesley will forever be my very first nephew. I remember crying and being so happy that he was here. My first nephew. He is super great at baseball. Loved the fact the one year he got a gift card with money on it to buy what ever. He loved the movie Iron Will and would spend his days pushing a little rocking chair around like a sled and eating Tootsie Rolls. The movie character eat fruit cake and he chose to eat Tootsie Rolls.


I love this guy and so love being his Toot-Toot. I hope he makes it big someday, the boy has a talent.

#33 - Brent: Brent, what can I say about Brent? He and his lovely wife Sylvia were are very first friends in Mountain Home. He and the hubs started work on the same day, the only two guys in the office at CenturyTel. Over the years Brent and Sylvia have welcomed two more kids in addition to Lexi. We have spent many a weekend and holidays playing cards and cooking out.
Brent was helpful in getting Derek a position in Tech Support at Computer Automation, which we are so thankful for. Brent and his family are a blessing to me.

#32 - Karen M: Wow! Karen, my El Charo buddy, my friend, my Close to my Hart rep (we will use that term lightly.) For having sell Close to my Heart I should take better advantage of that. We we were visiting the church we went to the Adult II class where they were discussing Karen being pregnant and why her company would be upset and I really wondered why they would not be happy. Come to find out later Karen, the Accountant, was going to have a little boy in January and be out for 6 weeks. Tax Season.

Karen called me one day in January after having joined the church some months before and asked me, me if I could keep her two children till Trevor could pick them up. Needless to say I was so humbled. She knew more people at church and in town longer than me. Karen and I have families that live for away so she knows what it is like for it to be just us for holidays and school functions and everything else that we do alone. She is my confidant and best friend. I cherish her daily and pray that our friendship to continues to grow.

Ok, readers it's 9:57 on Tuesday evening and I am beat. We have family in town visiting and the excitment is to much. We have played and visted and now rest must come. Tune in tomorrow when I will do #31 and 30. 30 on the day it should be. What a shock.

Blessing to you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment